Sunday 11 January 2015

BRAND NEW Stamps and Dies from Sheena Douglass

Hi guys!
so ....who's been watching all the fantastic shows LIVE from the CHA over on Create and Craft?? Meeee! oh my days did you see the amazing Spectrum Aquas launched today at 3pm from Crafters Companion? they were pardon the pun "Awesome"!!
Tomorrow ...the 12th at 3pm sees the amazinglytalentedjawdroppingsensation that is ...the one...and only Sheena Douglass! grace our screens over on Create and Craft live from the CHA with her stunning BRAND NEW dies and stamps. I shared 3 of the DT samples on Friday...today I will share the rest! so without further of my wafflings..here we go...
For this card I have used my beautiful Aquatints, firstly I used the apple stamps and using a masking tecnique I stamped 3 together on the bottom right. Then covered the images with Pebeo drawing gum, once dry I then took a large flat wash brush and created a beautiful blended backgound with my Aquatints. I then stamped and die cut the branch...a single apple and 4 leaves from Sheena's new range. Coloured them up then placed my branch into posistion, popped some collall 3D glue gel behind my "hanging" apple then curled the 4 leaves and glued into place on my card. I then popped the sentiment...also included in the branch stamp set into place!
next up I have used a tree landscape stamp that I have stamped twice, the top image is the actual whole stamp, but then I stamped the image a little lower to the right, and made the slopping hill with a fine line black pen. I then masked up with Pebeo drawing gum, coloured up my sky making a few clouds, rubbed out the drawing gum and coloured my fields. Stamped the kite stamp a couple of times and decoupaged it up to make it 3D, and then stamped and die cut the fence and Daisy border . Now...after i had finished my card and was very happy with it I popped my sentiment into place hen....OMG  the sentiment didn't stamp properly..oops! my fault, so i just filled in the bits with my black pen!
now for something a little different, a diorama card. This set of 3 landscape stamps to build a scene I thought would work perfectly as this type of card. You really need to hold the card and peep into the aperture to appreciate it I think. I made a base from CC Pearl card stock making an aperture using one of Sheena's new dies, then created concertina sides, so I could attach my 3 layers. the back being the hills stamp for my view, creating some moody clouds, second layer is the closer hillside and tree and lastly in the foreground the grassy verge stamp. I then stamped and die cut Sheena's new large tree and popped on the front with a lovely sentiment. I had this card perched on my shelf for a few days and I have to say it was lovely to look inside and see the view!

here's a close up! of how lovely the tree looks cut on the front casting a lovely shadow.
for this one , again I have stamped and die cut the branch set and the leaves that come with it, coloured up and set to one side to dry. I have then stamped out the cutest hanging candle lantern, this stamp doesn't come with a die but its so easy to cut out to make 3D...so that's what I did :)
Then using my Aquatints I created a background and after deciding where my lanterns were going to be , I simply used my water brush and my aquatints to create a sort of haze where I thought my light would be around the candles, then using a new die set -hedgerow corner I die cut two corners and popped into place.
now for a SPLASH of colour!
I Loved this one!! First off I took an 8 x 8 card base and using a lovely flourish stamp, I created a frame. then coloured up a lovely background...using my Aquatints!
Then I used the matching stamp and die set and stamped and cut two sets of leaves and 3 large flowers...3 small flowers and 3 flower centres.
 I then popped my leaves into place and using 3D glue gel I made my flowers STAND OUT! Lovely!!
 now...ACORNS !! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these stamps!! these acorn and oak leaf stamps print out fantastically! the detail is superb!, so....what to create I thought...I loved the sentiment with this set and wanted to create my card around it, so using a single acorn that I die cut so I could pop onto some glue gel to make stand out I set to creating a lovely frame using the 3 oak leaf stamps and used a masking technique. I'm not sure the photo shows it properly, but once I was happy with my frame of leaves I cut out the centre and curled the centre leaves outwards. So once placed on top of the background it really looked effective! popped my little acorn in the centre and then I stamped and die cut and extra few leaves to 3D up on the front of the card.
my background was created using a gentle wash of Aquatints and the little acorn looks like its floating!
next up ....more juicy apples and a beautiful bird stamp!
so, first up created a frame with the apple stamps and a masking technique, and stamped the bucket of apples in the centre. I then covered everything up with Pebeo drawing gum, and painted my background with Aquatints and stamped the sentiment in place, rubbed out the gum and coloured up my juicy apples!
Then I stamped and die cut my pretty little bird and coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens.
and now for my last DT sample... I could have gone on forever with this set...but here you go,
I created this scene using quite a few different stamps, the fields, tractor, scarecrow, grasses and willow herbs stamp were all separate stamp sets that I used to make into a scene. I stamped the scarecrow a couple of times so I could make him 3D and then I stamped and die cut the willow herb and layered up at the front.
so...there you go! I wanted to keep creating but I ran out of time, but I have so many ideas for this set, that I will be making more real soon!
So...tomorrow 3pm on Create and Craft, you can watch Sheena bring you this whole set! and there is more that's whats here! so get your tea and biscuits ready and pop your feet up and enjoy the show!
I hope you like my samples and thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!!!
Love n hugs
Nicole
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow, more stunning samples Nicole. Looking forward to seeing the launch tomorrow, not sure that my credit cards is though.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue!! Thanks so much ! This really is a beautiful collection! You will love it all lol xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicole fabulous makes hun all delicious love them crafty hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete