Monday 8 December 2014

Sheena Douglas One Day Wonder 11th December

Well good evening you crafty lot!!,
  and do I have some FABULOUS news for you! well..... fabulous for me too! so last week, I spoke to the OMG amazinglytalented draw dropping sensation that is the one and only....drum roll please SHEENA DOUGLAS!!! .........................................................................................................................................................................................................
.............................................................( me being speechless!...ANY one who knows me...knows this DOESN'T happen!)
I haven't been that excited in a long time, and was smiling like a Cheshire cat for the rest of the afternoon!
 Sheena has a fabulous one day wonder this week, 11th December on Create and Craft with some totally amazing new products, stamps and stencils, and I was asked if I would like to hang out with the brilliant "Inkoids" and help with some samples! err YES please! Now these girls on this DT turn out some amazing work, if you have Sheena's products then you know the quality, just beautiful beautiful! so the pressure was on!!
 I'm a newbie to using stencils,  I have to say my first try was using some of Sheena's last stencils released and they are on my blog I LOVED working with them, and that's when I got the bug , I cant wait to get inking stamping, and digging deep into the pot of working with mixed media! but its a learning curve, right!? part of the fun, and if I can learn it then anyone can, so, I will stop waffling and share with you a sneaky peek of the gorgeous new products that will be winging there way to you...

be gentle with me guys , remember I'm learning lol, so here i have used a new stamp with Red Riding hood on! , the most fabulous tree stamp, and 3 of the new stencils being launched, that depict, landscapes, trees and  clouds...AMAZING! The top one I used the tree stamp, to stamp at different angles around my image, popped the image of Red in the centre, coloured up with my spectrum noir pens and then added lashings of distress inks to create some spooky atmosphere! I have to say you wouldn't catch me walking through there! and number 2, well..... this was a work in progress as it was my first time using a stencil to create a landscape... well any landscape actually lol, i thought i had lost it at one point and it nearly headed in the bin! but i ploughed through and persevered, got covered in more ink ( was fab!)  and kept working it! I had the best couple of hours ! honestly i kept thinking what i hear Sheena say on telly...its just a piece of card! it can be quite scary when your throwing lots of colours at it, but it was great fun! This one i coloured in Aquatints and then used distress inks to define my landscape.
now for a SPLASH OF COLOUR!
Here i have used the most luscious of lush colours!! Aquatints Bright and Beautiful!....and they are definitely that!, there was a stamp of just two Wolf eyes, and i just loved it, didn't want to use anything else, just that and my Aquatints, 
Simply by wetting some watercolour colour card then adding droplets of juicy colours i created the most amazing background
a touch of gold frantage to the corners, and using one of Sheena's sentiments that come with the stamp...voila! quick, simple and FUN!
right, the shows! Create and Craft 11th of December, show times 8am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm and 7pm
get yourself a lovely cuppa and get your feet up ready, and watch Sheena bring you some dazzling new products! 
I will be showing the rest of my samples tomorrow! the Highland Cow is just superb!!!
thank you for dropping by!! would love to now what you think!

Crafty hugs

Nicole 
xxx

2 comments: