Friday 3 January 2014

DT card for JB-Craftingsupplies

Hey everyone!...well this has certainly been a week for blogging for me!!...BUT...I did say 2014 I wanted to blog more so ...here I am..AGAIN! This time with a new DT card for JB- Crafting Supplies Each month Julie sends out her DT with an item she would like us to use, which is always exciting as I never have a clue what it is lol, last week I received my little parcel and recieved some LOVELY LOVELY papers
A few from the following collections:
Graphic 45- Old Curiosity Shoppe
Tim Holtz- Distress Collection
BasicGrey
Coordinations
Aged & Confused
I was totally spoilt for choice!! Then also this gorgeous stamp from Stampendous
...mmmmm but what to make with my little stash?? It had to be an "Arty" Distressed card!..and here it is...

I decided to go with some of Graphic 45 papers - as they were my favourite! I chose a background paper, distressed and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain and glued into place...next i chose THE most beautiful butterfly paper that again i distressed and inked then glued to the top left of my card..then to STAMP!! I used my Tim Holtz ink pad and stamped the image, then putting a lovely wet splodge of ink on my glass mat, taking a simple paint brush and water I coloured in...seemed quite fitting painting paint brushes with a paint brush :). Then distressing and inking the edges i glued in the bottom right corner...mmmm to choose a sentiment... needed to fit the image, so I typed in Arty Quotations into google and found LOADS! I chose this simple one and printed onto coordinations card stock...again inking and distressing...curled both ends and popped into place....but something missing.. a gold cherub button! from my stash, simply snipped off the back loop and glued using cosmic shimmer glue, and there you go, one little Arty Distressed card. 
now all i need to do is think of three more projects for the next three weeks using the same items?? thinking cap on! All items used are available online and instore now from Julie at JB-Craftingsupplies, so untill next time crafters....
happy crafting!
Nicole
xxx
I will be entering my card into the following challenges...
1. Delicious Doodles- Layer up!

No comments:

Post a Comment